Premazepam

From Self-sufficiency
Jump to: navigation, search
Premazepam
150px
Systematic (IUPAC) name
6,7-dimethyl- 5-phenyl- 3,7-dihydropyrrolo[3,4-e] [1,4]diazepin- 2(1H)-one
Pharmacokinetic data
Metabolism Hepatic
Biological half-life 10 - 13 hours
Excretion Renal
Identifiers
CAS Number 57435-86-6
ATC code none
PubChem CID 72104
Chemical data
Formula C15H11N3O3
Molar mass 253.30 g/mol[[Script error: No such module "String".]]
Script error: No such module "TemplatePar".Expression error: Unexpected < operator.

Premazepam is a benzodiazepine derivative.[1] It is a partial agonist of benzodiazepine receptors and has been shown to possess both anxiolytic and sedative properties in human subjects.

Properties

The initial doses of premazepam given to human test subjects demonstrated similar psychological test results to those produced by diazepam. It was also demonstrated that initial dosing with premazepam produces similar sedative effects as compared with diazepam, although psychomotor impairments are greater with premazepam than with diazepam after initial dosing. However, with repeated dosing for more than one day premazepam causes less sedation and less psychomotor impairment than diazepam. Premazepam possesses sedative and anxiolytic properties. Premazepam produces more slow wave and less fast wave EEG changes than diazepam. Tests have shown that 7.5 mg of premazepam is approximately equivalent to 5 mg of diazepam.[2]

Pharmacology

Premazepam is a pyrrolodiazepine benzodiazepine and acts as a partial agonist at benzodiazepine receptors. The mean time taken to reach peak plasma levels is 2 hours and the mean half life of pramazepam in humans is 11.5 hours. About 90% of the drug is excreted in unchanged form. Of the remaining 10% of the drug none of the metabolites showed any pharmacological activity. Thus premazepam produces no active metabolites in humans.[3][4]

See also

References

Cite error: Invalid <references> tag; parameter "group" is allowed only.

Use <references />, or <references group="..." />



  1. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Citation/CS1/Suggestions' not found.
  2. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Citation/CS1/Suggestions' not found.
  3. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Citation/CS1/Suggestions' not found.
  4. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Citation/CS1/Suggestions' not found.